LOGIC AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Syllabus, Spring 96
- I provide access here to a very early draft of "Logic and Artificial
Intelligence: Still Married, Divorced, Separated...?" forthcoming in
Minds and Machines. This embryonic paper may provide some
helpful information regarding logics, logical systems, etc. and AI.
- BRUTUS I: "Toward Mathematizing Betrayal."
showing our (Dave Ferrucci and me) early progression of increasingly
detailed definitions of
betrayal for BRUTUS.
- Slides for discussion of how logicist AI can handle "nonexistents."
- Slides for Class#1's overview of Pollock's OSCAR project:
- Slides encapsulating non-graph-theoretic formal scheme for Pollock's OSCAR (defeasible logic), based on the
"How to Reason Defeasibly" paper in AI journal:
- Compressed handouts on review of first-order logic, using
G&N (i.e., Genesereth & Nilsson's Logical Foundations of
Artificial Intelligence; on reserve for the course) notation.
- Slides for the "Wise Man Puzzle" (two man version), first the solution
via sentential logics for knowledge and belief, then for possible worlds
logics. (Close to G&N's treatment.)
- Background math for the "Impenetrable Machine"
- Syllabus, Fall '95
- SNePS Web site
- OSCAR Web site
- COG Web site