Zhibing Zhao 赵志冰
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) 110 Eighth Street,
Troy, NY USA 12180
Office: 123, Amos Eaton
move your mouse here to see my email.
Here is my resume
I am a second-year PhD student in Computer Science at RPI. I am currently working on social choice (rank aggregation) problems with Professor Lirong Xia.
Rank aggregation problems have a wide range of applications, including presidential elections, yelp rating, college ranking, and so on. People (agents) have diverse preferences over the alternatives (presidential candidates, restaurants, etc.) even though there is a ground truth. Ranking models are used to model this uncertainty. My research focuses on efficient estimation of ground truth parameters of ranking models, mainly from the computational perspective. Specifically, I am interested in identifiability of a class of ranking models, the convergence rate of an algorithm, and the statistical accuracy.
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, US
I received my Master's degree in Electrical Engineering at University of Connecticut in 2014. I worked on ocean power generator design and real-time simulations.
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
I obtained my Bachelar's degree in Electrical Engineering from Tsinghua University. I worked on a cascade bi-directional DC/DC converter for microgrid applications.
- Chunheng Jiang, Sujoy Sikdar, Hejun Wang, Lirong Xia and Zhibing Zhao, "Practical Algorithms for Computing STV and Other Multi-Round Voting Rules", In the 4th Workshop on Exploring Beyond the Worst Case in Computational Social Choice (EXPLORE-2017)
- Zhibing Zhao, Peter Piech and Lirong Xia, "Learning mixtures of Plackett-Luce models"[Supplementary Materials], In Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML-2016). [arXiv version]
- Taofeek Orekan, Zhibing Zhao, Peng Zhang, Jian Zhang, Shengli Zhou, and Jun-Hong Cui, "Maximum lifecycle tracking for tidal energy generation system", Electric Power Components and Systems, 2015.
- Zhibing Zhao, "Life-oriented controller design in ocean tidal power applications". Master's Thesis, 2014.
- Gengfeng Li, Peng Zhang, Peter B. Luh, Wenyuan Li, Zhaohong Bie, Camilo Serna and Zhibing Zhao, " Risk analysis for distribution systems in the Northeast U. S. under wind storms", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, March 2014.
- Zhibing Zhao, Peng Zhang, Jun-Hong Cui and Shengli Zhou, "Life-oriented control of tidal power generation", OCEANS, 2013.
- Zhibing Zhao, Yongdong Li and Bo Dong, "Modeling and control strategy for cascade bi-directional DC/DC converter in Microgrid", Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (IPEMC), 2012.
- Mo Li, Jiansheng Yuan and Zhibing Zhao, "Low-voltage SPD coordination analysis ", 2011 7th Asia-Pacific International Conference on Lightning, 2011.