He Yang is a fourth year PhD student in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He joined RPI as a Research Assistant under the supervision of Prof. Fengyan Li from September, 2010. During September to December 2011, He was a visiting researcher in the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM) at Brown University.
Analysis, Scientific Computing and Optimization, including but not limited
- Numerical solutions of partial differential equations
- High order numerical methods including finite element, finite difference/volume WENO and spectral methods
- Computational methods and numerical analysis related to Plasmas Physics and Magnetohydrodynamics
- Image reconstruction and inverse problems in biomedical imaging applications
- Compressive sensing and low-rank recovery in optical tomography
- 1) H. Yang, F. Li and J. Qiu, Dispersion and dissipation errors of two fully discrete discontinuous Galerkin methods, Journal of Scientific Computing, v55 (2013), pp.552-574.
- 2) H. Yang and F. Li, Error estimates of Runge-Kutta discontinuous Galerkin methods for the Vlasov-Maxwell system, ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, 2014, in press.
- 3) L. Zhao, H. Yang, W.X. Cong, G. Wang and X. Intes, Lp regularization for early gate fluorescence molecular tomography, Optics Letters, Vol. 39, Iss. 14, pp. 4156-4159 (2014).
- 4) H. Yang and F. Li, Stability analysis and error estimates of an exactly divergence-free method for the magnetic induction equations, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, submitted in January 2014, in review.
- 5) L. Zhao, H. Yang, W.X. Cong, G. Wang and X. Intes, Comparison of Lp-regularization-based reconstruction methods for early time gates in time-domain fluorescence molecular tomography, Proceedings of SPIE, Vol.8937, 2014.
- 6) L. Zhao, H. Yang, W.X. Cong, G. Wang and X. Intes, Compressive sensing for early time-gate reconstruction in time-domain fluorescence molecular tomography, ISBN: 978-1-55752-997-8, BM3A.37, Biomedical Optics, 2014.
- 7) H. Yang and F. Li, Runge-Kutta discontinuous Galerkin methods for the relativistic Vlasov-Maxwell system, preprint.
- SIAM Conference on Analysis of Partial Differential Equations, Orlando, FL, December 7-10, 2013
- 4th New York Conference on Applied Math, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, November 9, 2013 (Oral & Poster Presentations)
- The Finite Element Circus, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, October 18-19, 2013
- SIAM Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, July 8-12, 2013 (Invited Talk)
- 1st Annual School of Science Graduate Symposium, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, April 10, 2013
- 3rd New York Conference on Applied Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, October 13, 2012
- The Finite Element Circus, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, April 13-14, 2012
- The Eighth International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications , University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, April 1-4, 2012
- Applied Math Seminar, Brown University, Providence, RI, November 2, 2011
- 2nd New York Conference on Applied Mathematics, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, April 30, 2011
- Applied Math Days, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, April 8-9, 2011
Conference & Workshop (selected list)
- KI-NET Summer School: Dynamics and Numerics for Non-local PDEs and Related Equtions in the Physical and Biological Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, May 4-7, 2014
- Issues in Solving the Boltzmann Equation for Aerospace Applications, ICERM, Brown University, Providence, RI, June 3-7, 2013 (Poster Presentation)
- SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Boston, MA, February 25- March 1, 2013
- Advances in Scientific Computing, Image Science and Optimization, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, April 4-6, 2012
- Boltzmann Models in Kinetic Theory, Brown University, Providence, RI, November 7-11, 2011
- Novel Applications of Kinetic Theory and Computations, Brown University, Providence, RI, October 17-21, 2011
- Vlasov Models in Kinetic Theory, Brown University, Providence, RI, September 19-23, 2011
- Numerical Analysis & Computing: High Performance Computing (Parallel Computing), Advanced Numerical Analysis (Spectral Method), Finite Element Analysis, Numerical Solutions of PDEs, Numerical Solutions of ODEs, Computational Linear Algebra
- Statistical & Stochastic Methods: Statistical and Stochastic Methods in Applied Math, Stochastic Modeling in Physics and Microbiology, Mathematical Statistics, Stochastic Processes
- Theory of Differential Equations: Hyperbolic Equations
- Others: Compressed Sensing and Applications, Computational Finance, Fluid Mechanics, Linear and Nonlinear Waves
- Founders Award of Excellence, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2012
- Travel Award, International Conference on Advances in Scientific Computing, Brown University, RI, December 6-8, 2009
- IMA Travel Fund, 2009 PI Summer Graduate Program: The Mathematics of Inverse Problems, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, June 15-July 3, 2009
- Piano solo & vocal solo, Rensselaer Union, Troy, NY, October 5, 2012
- Piano and vocal solo, Academic Hall, Troy, NY, February 11, 2012