He Yang is a third year PhD student in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He joined RPI as a Research Assistant under the supervision of Prof. Fengyan Li from September, 2010. During September to December 2011, He was a visiting researcher in the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM) at Brown University.
Analysis and Scientific Computing, including but not limited
- Stability and error analysis of discontinuous Galerkin methods for partial differential equations
- High order numerical methods for problems in Plasma Physics and Magnetohydrodynamics
- He Yang, Fengyan Li and Jianxian Qiu, Dispersion and dissipation errors of two fully discrete discontinuous Galerkin methods, Journal of Scientific Computing, DOI: 10.1007/s10915-012-9647-y, in press, 2012.
- He Yang and Fengyan Li, Error estimates of Runge-Kutta discontinuous Galerkin methods for the Vlasov-Maxwell system, submitted, January, 2013.
- 1st Annual School of Science Graduate Symposium, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, April 10, 2013
- 3rd New York Conference on Applied Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, October 13, 2012
- The Finite Element Circus, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, April 13-14, 2012
- The Eighth International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications , University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, April 1-4, 2012
- 2nd New York Conference on Applied Mathematics, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, April 30, 2011
- Applied Math Days, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, April 8-9, 2011
Conference & Workshop Participation (selected list)
- SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Boston, MA, February 25- March 1, 2013
- Advances in Scientific Computing, Image Science and Optimization, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, April 4-6, 2012
- Boltzmann Models in Kinetic Theory, Brown University, Providence, RI, November 7-11, 2011
- Novel Applications of Kinetic Theory and Computations, Brown University, Providence, RI, October 17-21, 2011
- Vlasov Models in Kinetic Theory, Brown University, Providence, RI, September 19-23, 2011
- Finite Element Analysis, Advanced Numerical Analysis (Spectral Methods), Numerical Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations, Computational Linear Algebra, High Performance Computing
- Perturbation Methods, Statistical and Stochastic Methods in Applied Math, Methods of Applied Mathematics
- Hyperbolic Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Advanced Ordinary Differential Equations, Real and Complex Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics, Linear and Nonlinear Waves, Stochastic Processes, Stochastic Modeling in Physics and Microbiology