Thomas C. Sharkey
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Ph.D., University of Florida, 2008.
Office: 5225 Center for Industrial Innovation
Mailing Address: 110 8th St.
Center for Industrial Innovation, Suite 5015
Troy, NY 12180-3590
I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. My research interests are primarily in the areas of network optimization and scheduling. The application areas of my research include infrastructure and supply chain restoration, expansion, and redesign and interdicting illegal supply chains. My research has been funded by the National Science Foundation and the Department of Homeland Security. My educational interests are in exploring how online content can be integrated into a curriculum to enhance students' learning experiences (see a set of video tutorials a student and I created for an undergraduate OR course) and in creating a vibrant set of opportunities for undergraduate research projects (you can read about these experiences here).
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- ISYE 4600/6610: Operations Research Methods (Fall 2012-2014). Video Tutorials
- ISYE 4220/6961: Optimization Algorithms and Applications (Fall 2008-2010, 2012-2013, Spring 2015)
- ISYE 4963/6210: Theory of Production Scheduling (Spring 2009-2014)
- University of Florida
- ESI 4312: Operations Research 1 (Fall 2007)
- EIN 4343: Inventory and Supply Chain Systems (Spring 2007)