Rensselaer Arduino Support Package (RASPlib):
A Simulink Arduino driver toolbox with support for: quadrature encoder, compass/magnetometer, barometer, temperature, accelerometer, gyroscope, driver amplifier (DC motor driver), and simple serial communication and plotting tools. It is developed as an educational tool for students.
Supported Sensors: MPU6050, MPU9250, HMC5883, BMP280, MS5611, commonly found on GY-521, GY-271, GY-91, GY-87
Recommend installing MATLAB 2015a 32 bit (faster, comes with compiler). Be sure to download the entire zip file. 2015a-2017a is supported and tested.
Rensselaer Mechatronics Curriculum Labs:
Content is development version still in testing - please check often for updates. Please contact Joshua.Hurst.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions. Also contact if you want source documents for course adoption. Thanks!
Draft introduction labs for Mechatronics:
- Simulink Arduino Intro Blinking LED
- RASPlib Installation Instructions
- Analog Encoder PWM
- Gyroscope Reading and Calibrating
- Magnetometer Making a Compass
- Serial Communication Basics
- Bluetooth Communication
- DC Motor Step Response
- Realistic DC Motor Simulation
- Basic DC Motor Control
- Realistic PI Controller Simulation
- DC Motor Parameter ID
- Determining Angle with Complimentary Filter
- Basic Balancing Lab
- Ultrasonic Distance Sensor
Please contact for questions, suggestions, or concerns:
Contact: Joshua Hurst, Hurstj2@rpi.edu