Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations
MATH 6840, Spring 2020
Instructor: W.D. Henshaw
This is the home page for Math 6840,
"Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations". This site will be used to provide homework assignments, solutions and in-class matlab examples. I will also use this site to post class announcements. Please check this site regularly for new information.
- First class: Monday January 13, 10-11:50am in VORHES NORTH classoom (219).
- Thurs Jan 16: Problem set 1 is available, due Thurs Jan 23, at start of class.
- Mistake fixed on PS 1, problem 2, the initial condition for the IBVP should be u(x,0)=u_0(x).
- Mon. Jan 27: Solution set 1 is available.
- Mon. Jan 27: Problem set 2 is available, due Thurs. Feb. 6, at start of class.
- Thurs. Feb 6: Problem set 3 is posted, due Thurs. Feb 13, at start of class.
- Wed Feb 12: Solution set 2 is posted.
- Tues. Feb 13: Problem set 4 is posted, due Thurs. Feb 27 (two weeks).
- Midterm is set for Thursday March 5, in class.
- Thurs. Feb 20: Solution set 3 is posted.
- Mon. Mar 2: Solution set 4 is posted.