Introduction to Numerical Methods for Differential Equations
MATH 4820, Spring 2018
Instructor: W.D. Henshaw
This is the home page for Math 4820,
"Introduction to Numerical Methods for Differential Equations". This site will be used to provide homework assignments, solutions and in-class matlab examples. I will also use this site to post class announcements. Please check this site regularly for new information.
- First class: Monday January 18, 10-11:50am in Amos Eaton 216.
- Wed Jan 24: Problem set 1 is available, due Thurs Feb. 1 at start of class.
- Wed Jan 21: Wednesday office hours changed to 1:30-3pm.
- Thurs. Feb 1: Problem set 2 is available, due Thurs Feb. 8 at start of class.
- Fri. Feb 2: A clarification has been added to problem 2 in problem set 2 to define the time-stepping function.
- Monday Feb 5: Solution set 1 is available.
- Wed. Feb 7: Solution set 3 is posted below.
- Mon. Feb 12: Solution set 2 is posted below.
- First exam is scheduled for Thursday Feb. 22 in DCC 337 (normal class time).
- You may pick up graded problem set 3 from the TA during her office hours.
- Wed. Feb 21: Problem set 4 is available, due Thurs March 1 at start of class.
- Thus. March 1: Solutions for exam 1 are posted.
- Thurs. March 1: Problem set 5 is available, due Thurs March 8 at start of class. We will cover the
material for question 2 on Monday.
- Solution set 4 is posted.
- Solution set 5 is posted.
- Second exam (in class) is scheduled for Thursday April 12 in DCC 337.
- Thurs. March 22: Problem set 6 is available, due Thurs March 29 at start of class.
- Monday March 26: Problem set 7 is available, due Thurs April 5, at start of class.
- Solution set 6 is posted.
- I will be away on travel April 10-13. No office hours this week.
- Problem set 8 is posted, due Thurs. April 19. Solution set 7 is posted.
- Solution set 7 is posted.
- Problem set 9 is posted, due Thurs. April 26.
- Problem set 10 is posted (bonus), due Wed. May 2, 2018.
- Exam 2 solutions are posted.
- Solution sets 8 and 9 are posted.
- Solution set 10 is posted.
- Final exam is on Thurs. May 10, 11:30-2:30, Lally 102.