Women@internet questions on ch 14-15
1) pp. 184-5 how did the researchers contrast IT for rural vs urban? White vs aboriginal?
2) 185-6 What did they mean by “feminist action research methodology?” How did that terminology create problems?
3) 186-7 What was wechat, and what was its significance for welink?
4) 188 How do the topics listed here reflect the local context for welink participants?
5) 189 How did welink participants define “empowerment” (summarize in your own words, not theirs).
6) 190-1 How did welink help create bridges between people in different areas?
7) 192-194 What kinds of problems or tensions were raised by welink?
8) 197-198 What does the author see as the significance of networks?
9) 198-9 What is the ALAI? What is its significance for gender in Latin America?
10)199-201 Describe the history of ALAI’s gradual increase in IT communications. What were the most difficult challenges?
11)201 Compare and contrast the difficult challenges given here to the survey results on pp 107-109.
12)201-202 What was the APC (pg 102) and how ALAI collaborate with its efforts in 1994-5? What did they do in areas where there was limited access to computers?
13)202-203 What does the author see as the primary challenges for Latin American women online? How has the ALAI responded?
14)203-204 What policy recommendations has ALAI made relevant to IT and gender? How might these be controversial for, say, a strongly catholic country?