Women@internet questions on intro, ch 12-13
1) pp. 162-3 Who is Bray-Crawford and what is she promoting?
2) Pp. 163-4 How did the NetWarriors movement come into being?
3) Pp. 164-165 What is Bray-Crawford’s “indiginal mapping?”
4) Pp. 165-166 What problem arises in intellectual property rights?
5) 167-168 How do the temporal and spatial properties of IT (eg asynchronous communication) provide special opportunities for indigenous political activism?
6) 169-170 Explain Bray-Crawford’s network examples in terms of either Haraway’s “cyborg” metaphor or Latour’s “hybrids.”
7) 173-174 What are the relations between women and poverty in Asia? How has this affected Asian women’s access to IT?
8) 174-175 Other than poverty, what issues arise for Asian women’s participation in IT?
9) 176-7 What is ISIS, and how did they reach different women internationally? What other women’s groups did they work with?
10)177-8 What negative experiences did the international participants express?
11)180 using the list on this page, what issues seem similar to what you would expect to find in a first world’s women’s list, and what issues might be more specific to Asian women’s concerns?