Questions on Schon, Sanyal and Mitchell ch 11-12
1) pp. 265 What concept is illustrated in the opening story about Mike Lee?
2) Pp. 266 What is insufficient about offering classes to teach computer skills?
3) Pp. 267 What concept is illustrated in this second story about Mike Lee?
4) 269-71 Choose one of the 6 reasons for emphasis on design and explain its importance.
5) 271-273 What is “constructivism” in education and how is that concept used in the context of the Clubhouse?
6) 273-276 How did they avoid both telling the students what to do and just letting them do what they want?
7) 277-279 What is an “emergent community” and how is that concept used in the context of the Clubhouse?
8) 281-85 What ended up happening to Mike Lee and what does this part of his story illustrate?
9) 289 What is a “street library?”
10)290-94 How did the 4th world project and street libraries get started?
11)295-9 What did the author think of combining computers and poor children when first approached? How did that change?
12)299-301 What choices were made in moving from the center to the street? Why?
13)301-307 what happened in these initial experiments?
14)301-310 What has grown out of these first steps?