discussion questions for Fang ch 6
1) pp. 189-194 Explain, using examples from these pages, the opening quote from Mark Poster.
2) pp. 194-196 How did the computer change from calaulator to commmunication tool?
3) pp. 197-200 Describe the evolution of the zine.
4) pp. 201-207 What does Fang mean by “narrowcasting” and why does it require fiber optics?
5) pp. 207-213 What are the relationships between signal access, signal bandwidth, and the various satellite communication technologies?
6) pp. 214-217 How could electronic communication change the social dimensions of work?
7) pp. 218-224 Describe (define) the following: internet, world wide web, BBS, chat room, MUD, newsgroup.
8) pp. 225-226 Describe the unique features of email.
9) pp. 230-236 How might interactivity change TV?