1) Money appears to be a
self-generating source of value
2) In fact, money disguises the true source of value: self-generating capacity of labor and nature
3) In a barter economy, we tend to see very little class difference. Money allows the disguise by "condensing" the labor.
4) People who do not own a means of production must compete to sell their labor: typically, large labor pool = small income.
5) Exchange Value - Labor value = Surplus Value (the value that has been extracted from labor).
6) Corporations raise profits by "externalizing" costs of reproducing labor and reproducing nature.