1) p. 34-35 What kinds of new work structures fall under the category of "worker participation?" Why do you think Cole used only small-group activities?
2) pp. 36 Why focus on macropolitics?
3) pp. 37 What does Cole mean by "a range of variation favorable to the comparative task?"
4) pp.38 What were the results of attempts at small-group activities in the US?
5) pp. 39 What were the results of attempts at small-group activities in Japan?
6) pp. 40 What were the results of attempts at small-group activities in Sweden?
7) pp. 41 What do the language differences in descriptions of worker participation tell us?
8) pp. 42-43 What were the incentives to innovate toward small-group activities in Sweden and Japan?
9) pp. 44 How was the incentive to innovate different in the US?
10) pp.46 What was the role of management organizations in innovation in the US?
11) pp. 48 Where did leadership for this innovation come from in Japan?
12) pp. 50 How was management involved in Swedish efforts?
13) pp.51 Why did unions in the US fail to support small-group activities?
14) pp.54 What was the role of Swedish unions?
15) p. 57 Explain figure 2-1
16) p. 58 Why a "politicized pattern" in Sweden?
17) p. 61 Explain figure 2-2