The Dinolfo Group - May 2017.
Left-to-Right: Guangyu Hu, James Buchwald, Boris Kramar, Jane Edgington, Justin Martin, Louis Ayensu-Mensah, Julian DuPont, Nate Anderson, Shangshang Cao, William Arthur, Jeremy Amdur, and Prof. Dinolfo
Group Openings :
Graduate Students - The Dinolfo group is always looking for self-motivated and energetic graduate students who are interested in working in the areas of Inorganic, Phyiscal, Organic, and Materials chemistry. Please see our publication list for more detailed information on our research interests. Interested students must apply to the graduate program at Rensselaer. For more information, click here.
Undergraduate Students - The Dinolfo Group routinely has openings for undergraduate students to participate in independent research. Students are not limited to Chemistry majors, but also include Physics, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, etc. Undergraduate alumni from the group have had tremendous succuss in winning awards and have enrolled in excellent graduate schools (see the group news below and alumni member list). Interested students should contact Prof. Dinolfo.
Dinolfo Group News:
- 12/14/17 - First-year graduate students Adrian Campbell-Riives and David Hontz join the group. Congratulations and welcome!
- 5/15/17 - Contratulations to James Buchwald for successfully defending his PhD thesis on the "Theoretical Studies of Charge Transfer Phenomena in Molecular Systems for Renewable Energy Applications." He will be starting a new job at Lockheed Martin in the fall.
- 5/2/17 - Congratulations to Kevin for winning a Summer Undergraduate Research Program fellowship from the Office of Undergraduate Education at Rensselaer. This will support his summer research into the fluoresence properties of porphyrin based multilayer films.
- 4/25/17 - Congratulations to Nate Anderson on being awarded the Slezak Memorial Fellowship which will support his summer 2017 research.
- 3/10/17 - Guangyu Hu, graduate student in Material Science & Engineering, joins the group.
- 1/25/17 - Kevin Hoover (RPI Class of 2018 in Chemical Engineering) joins the group.
- 9/21/16 - Shangshang Cao (RPI Class of 2019 in Chemical Engineering) joins the group.
- 8/29/16 - William Arthur (RPI Class of 2018 in Electrical Engineering) joins the group.
- 8/7/16 - Louis and Prof. Dinolfo each present research posters at the 2016 Gordon Research Conference on Electron Donor-Acceptor Interactions in Newport, RI.
- 7/13/16 - A big day for Marissa: She successfully defends her PhD thesis on the electrochemical properties of phorphyrin based multilayer films and her paper on electrochemical rectification is published in ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces [DOI]
- 5/28/16 - Eliot Woods (BS '16) graduates from RPI and is on his way to the Northwestern University for graduate school.
- 5/10/16 - Congratulations to Michaela on receiving a George J. Janz Award for Undergraduate Research in Chemistry which will support her summer research on the mixed-valent properties of phenol dimers!
- 5/9/16 - Congratulations to James Buchwald on being awarded the Slezak Memorial Fellowship which will support his summer 2016 research.
- 4/28/16 - James and Subhadeep's paper on the electrochemical properties of a penta-coordinate cobalt(III) salen complex is published in the special issue, Emerging Leaders of Coordination Chemistry, in J. Coord. Chem. [DOI]
- 4/18/16 - Justin Martin (RPI Class of 2018 in Chem Eng) joins the group.
- 2/19/16 - Michaela Burnley (RPI Class of 2018 in Chemistry) joins the group.
- 2/3/16 - Boris Kramar (RPI Class of 2018 in Chemistry) joins the group.
- 1/28/16 - Jane Edgington (RPI Class of 2018 in Chem Eng) joins the group.
Older Dinolfo Group News
[Back to top.]