Dinolfo Group News:
- 6/17/13 - Peter and Marissa's paper on the photoelectrochemical response of porphyrin multilayers is published in ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. [DOI link]
- 5/25/13 - Carolyn Buckley (BS '13) and Laura Donovan (BS '13) graduate from RPI and Dr. Alexandra Krawicz (PhD '12) returns for the doctoral hooding event. Carolyn Buckley is on her way to Georgia Tech for graduate school. [photos]
- 5/24/13 - Prof. Dinolfo wins the 2013 RPI School of Science Outstanding Teaching Award.
- 4/10/13 - James Buchwald wins the best oral presenation award at the Fourth Annual Rensselaer Undergraduate Research Symposium. [photo]
- 4/1/13 - Prof. Dinolfo wins a 2013 CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation to study the development of multilayer light harvesting arrays for molecular based solar cells. [link]
- 3/30/13 - Ian deJoode (RPI sophomore undergraduate) joins the group.
- 3/25/13 - Samantha Donovan (RPI sophomore undergraduate) joins the group.
- 12/20/12 - Mark Straub (RPI sophomore undergraduate) joins the group.
- 12/6/12 - Matthew and Mike's research paper on BODIPY-ZnTPP donor-acceptor energy transfer arrays is published in Inorganic Chemistry. [DOI link]
- 8/20/12 - Four seniors from Queensbury High School attend the first annual Queensbury - RPI Solar Camp. The students built and tested their own Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells and examined the efficiency of solar driven water splitting using an electrolyzer and a silicon photovoltaic. Photos from the three day workshop can be found here.
- 7/19/12 - Alexandra's research paper on the structure of porphyrin multilayers assembled on Au electrodes is published in RSC Advances. [DOI link]
- 7/13/12 - Alexandra Krawicz successfully defends her PhD thesis on "Porphyrin-Based Molecular Multilayer Films Assembled via Cu(I)-Azide-Alkyne Cycloaddition Coupled Layer-by-Layer Method for Light Harvesting Applications". Following graduation, she will start a postdoctoral position at the Joint Center for Artificial Photosynthesis at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- 6/3/12 - Peter Palomaki was a Nottingham Prize finalist at the 72nd Physical Electronics Conference in Dallas Texas.
- 5/26/12 - The 2012 mass exodus from the Dinolfo Group: Peter Palomaki (PhD '12), Tycho Spadaro (MS '12), Kallie Powers (BS '12), Melissa Clark (BS '12), and Evan Beauvillers (BS '12) graduate from RPI. [photos]
- 5/25/12 - The Dinolfo Group cleans up on student awards at the RPI School of Science Class of 2012 Commencement Brunch.
- Evan Beauvilliers wins the Class of 1902 Research Prize.
- Kallie Powers wins the William Pitt Mason Prize and the Merck Index Award.
- Peter Palomaki wins the W. H. Bauer Doctoral Prize in Chemistry.
- Subhadeep Kal wins the Slezak Memorial Fellowship.
- Carolyn Buckley wins the Arthur G. Schultz Award.
- 5/13/12 - Subhadeep Kal and Prof. Dinolfo attend the Gordon Research Conference on Renewable Energy - Solar Fuels in Barga, Italy.
- 5/6/12 - Alexandra Krawicz wins 4th place poster award at the 221st Electrochemical Society Meeting in Seattle, WA.
- 4/25/12 - Subhadeep Kal is awarded the Slezak Memorial Fellowship which will support his summer 2012 research.
- 4/11/12 - Kallie Powers wins the best poster award at the Spring 2012 Rensselaer Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- 4/5/12 - Peter Palomaki successfully defends his PhD thesis on "Layer-by-Layer Fabrication of Porphyrin Multilayer Films via Copper(I)-Catalyzed Azide-Alkyne Cycloaddition: Film Properties and Applications in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells". Following graduation, he will start a postdoctoral position at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- 4/2/12 - Alexandra Krawicz wins the best poster award at the 2012 Spring Meeting of the AVS Hudson-Mohawk Chapter.
- 1/20/12 - Rob Fimognari (RPI sophomore undergraduate) joins the group.
- 12/30/11 - Thomas Fauvell (BS '11) gradautes from RPI and is headed to E-Ink Corporation as a Scientist.
- 12/12/11 - First year graduate student, Marissa Civic, joins the group.
- 10/26/11 - Peter's research paper on the structure of Layer-by-Layer assembled molecular multilayers using CuAAC is published in ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces . [DOI link]
- 9/23/11 - Laura Donovan (RPI junior undergraduate) joins the group.
- 9/23/11 - Carolyn Buckley (RPI junior undergraduate) joins the group.
- 9/2/11 - James Buchwald (RPI sophomore undergraduate) joins the group.
- 5/29/11 - Matthew Leonardi graduates from RPI and is headed to Northwestern for graduate school. Good luck Matt!
- 5/28/11 - Alexandra Krawicz receives an IGERT Terahertz Fellowship through the Dept. of Physics. She will be co-advised by Prof. Kim Lewis in Physics. [link]
- 5/27/11 - Peter Palomaki wins the Dr. Johanna Maas Chemistry Teaching Assistant Award for outstanding service in the teaching program of the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology.
- 4/6/11 - Thomas Fauvell wins a fellowship through the Summer Undergraduate Research Program in the Office of Undergraduate Education at Rensselaer. This will support his summer research into the Layer-by-Layer functionalization of silica nanoparticles.
- 4/4/11 - Peter Palomaki receives an IGERT Terahertz Fellowship through the Dept. of Physics. He will be co-advised by Prof. Gwo-Ching Wang in Physics. [link]
- 3/16/11 - The group's second research paper is published in Langmuir on the structure of Layer-by-Layer assembled molecular multilayers using CuAAC. [DOI link]
Older Dinolfo Group News