Bookmarks on Cellular Automata
Personal Toolbar Folder
A little of everything...
- Ariel Dolan's Home Page (Java Artificial Life)
- A web-oriented artificial-life site: alife, genetic-algorithm and
cellular automata experiments written in cross-platform web languages
(java, tcl/tk), with free source code.
- Probably the biggest
resource on general CA available on the Internet.
- Artificial Life Online
- Many of the links on this list branch off of this page. It is a
very good starting point for research into Cellular Automata.
- Another good starting point into for researching Cellular Automata.
- Cellular automata
- Another good page of information on Cellular Automata including
some Java programs simulating Cellular Automata.
- Computational Mechanics Home Page
- This branched off of the "Artifical Life Online" page and is a
good resource for papers on Cellular Automata.
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Complex Systems
- "Complex systems" concerns the nature and consequences of
interactions and non-linearities in systems of many objects. It
includes topics such as artificial life, cellular automata, chaos,
criticality, evolutionary computation, fractals, parallel computation,
- Exploring Emergence
- An active essay on Cellular Automata using Java.
- Java Applet for Cellular Automata
- Still needs some work done on the page itself but the applet is
- Self Reproducing Cellular Automata Loops
- A very good java applet showing the different rules that can be
applied to Cellular Automata.
- Graphics Applications of Cellular Automata
- Mpeg Movies and Jpeg Pictures showing examples of Cellular Automata.
Papers & Presentations
- A Hierarchical Classification of Cellular Automata
- Autonomous Decentralized Systems based on Cellular Automata
- Cellular Automata: A Slide Presentation
- Cellular Automata and the Sciences of Complexity (part I)
- Cellular Automata Dynamics: A Slide Presentation
- Explorations in Parallel Processing.
- Introdution to One-dimensional Cellular Automata
- Mean Field Theory of The Edge of Chaos
- Methods for Designing Cellular Automata with ``Interesting'' Behavior
- Oliver Knill
- Research done on the principal that cellular automata are evolved
on a finite phase space (the computer has finite memory) using
periodic boundary conditions.
- Papers on (Randomized) Cellular Automata
- SFI EvCA Papers
- A list of Papers on Cellular Automata.
Branches from the bookmark "Computational Mechanics Home Page".
- Universality and Complexity in Cellular Automata (1984)
Simulations resident to computer
- DTR: Simple Systems Exhibiting Self-Directed Replication
- DTR is a cellular automata simulator for studying automata models
of self-replicating systems. The simulator is fairly general purpose
and application independent, and can run a variety of two-dimensional
- The directory xtoys contains a set of cellular automata simulators
written for Xwindows. The executables here are for SunOS 5.4
(Solaris). The xtoys gallery shows lots of pictures produced by these
programs (beware if you have a slow link). To peek at the exising user
interface, look here.